Deze pagina is verplaatst. U wordt doorgestuurd.
- +31 20 59 88877
- faculteit der gedrags- en bewegingswetenschappen ( onderw.wetensch )
- 2012 - present: Researcher, VU University Amsterdam, department of Research and Theory in Education (supervisors: prof. dr. Bert van Oers, dr. Judith Schoonenboom and dr. Ronald Keijzer)
- 2012 - present: Teacher educator, in the field of mathematics, Hogeschool iPABO Amsterdam
- 2009 - 2012: Lecturer in Statistics, VU University of Amsterdam, Faculty of Social Sciences
- 2006 - 2007: Master Economics, University of Amsterdam (cum laude)
- 2001 - 2006: Bachelor International Economics and Finance, University of Tilburg
- Mathematics and statistics education
- Problem solving
- Mathematical modeling
- Model eliciting activities
- Informal statistical inference
- Growing samples
- Teacher education
- Primary education
My research focuses on statistics training for pre-service teachers. I will design and test training module on statistics for pre-service teachers. In this way I enable them to teach statistics to children in primary school.
The design of the training is based on a problem solving approach, called Modeling Eliciting Activities. Students learn key concepts in statistics, such as distribution, center, variation, mean, sampling in an integrated way. Tasks requiring informal statistical inferences elicit modeling of the key concepts.
In the first phase of my research I use a design research methodology to develop the training. In the subsequent phases I plan to experimental research to study the effects of the training on students' statistical knowledge for teaching, their statistical quality of teaching and on their attitude to mathematics.