Deze pagina is verplaatst. U wordt doorgestuurd.
- +31 20 59 82108
- school of business & economics ( management en organisatiekunde )
- Assistant professor
My research focuses on one of the oldest areas in the field of Work & Organizational Psychology, namely the recruitment and selection of personnel. In recent years, multimedia assessments and situational judgment tests have become increasingly popular as supplements to more traditional selection instruments. My research focuses on developing and improving these instruments. Related to this, I am currently investigating topics such as the determinants and consequences of applicant reactions, discrimination and adverse impact related issues, and impression management tactics in interviews and CVs.
- Purba, D. E., Oostrom, J. K., Van der Molen, H. T., & Born, M. Ph. (in press). The relationships between trust in supervisor, turnover intentions, and voluntary turnover: Testing the mediating effect of on-the-job embeddedness. Journal of Personnel Psychology.
- Oostrom, J. K., Melchers, K. G., Ingold, P. V., & Kleinmann, M. (2016). Why do situational interviews predict performance? Is it saying how you would behave or knowing how you should behave? Journal of Business and Psychology, 31, 279-291. doi: 10.1007/s10869-015-9410-0
- Oostrom, J. K., Pennings, M., & Bal, P. M. (2016). Idiosyncratic deals and the employability of older workers. Career Development International, 21, 176-192. doi: 10.1108/CDI-08-2015-0112
- Oostrom, J. K., & De Soete, B. (2016). Ethnic differences in perceptions of cognitive ability tests: The explanatory role of self-serving attributions. International Journal of Selection and Assessment, 24, 14-23. doi: 10.1111/ijsa.12125
- Dubbelt, L., Oostrom, J. K., Hiemstra, A. M. F., & Modderman, J. P. L. (2015). Development and validation of a digital work simulation to predict workplace deviance. Journal of Business Ethics, 3, 619-367. doi: 10.1007/s10551-014-2249-x
- Purba, D. E., Oostrom, J. K., Van der Molen, H. T., & Born, M. Ph. (2015). Personality and organizational citizenship behavior in Indonesia: The mediating effect of affective commitment. Asian Business & Management, 14, 147-170. doi: 10.1057/abm.2014.20
- Nikolaou, I., & Oostrom, J. K. (Eds.) (2015). Employee recruitment, selection, and assessment: Contemporary issues for theory and practice. Sussex, UK: Psychology Press.
- Oostrom, J. K., De Soete, B., & Lievens, F. (2015). Situational judgment testing: A review and some new developments. In I. Nikolaou, & J. K. Oostrom (Eds.), Employee recruitment, selection, and assessment: Contemporary issues for theory and practice (pp. 172-189). Sussex, UK: Psychology Press.
- Nikolaou, I., & Oostrom, J. K. (2015). Introduction. In I. Nikolaou, & J. K. Oostrom (Eds.), Employee recruitment, selection, and assessment: Contemporary issues for theory and practice. Sussex, UK: Psychology Press.
- Van Toorenburg, M., Oostrom, J. K., & Pollet, T. V. (2015). What a difference your email makes: Effects of informal e-mail addresses in online résumé screening. Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking, 18, 135-140. doi: 10.1089/cyber.2014.0542
- Patterson, F., Kerrin, M., Born, M. Ph., & Oostrom, J. K., & Prescott-Clements, L. (2015). What are values and how can we assess them? Implications for values-based recruitment in healthcare. In J. Cleland, & S. Durning (Eds.), Researching Medical Education (pp. 167-180). New York, NY: Wiley & Sons.
- Coordinator/teacher of B2-course Work and Organizational Psychology
- Coordinator/teacher of B3-course Measurement and Diagnostics
- Coordinator of M-theses and Internships Organizational Psychology
- Supervisor of M-theses